Click this link to go to the FPMT Australia channel and find ‘Lojong Teachings with Geshe Zopa’ where you will see the next upcoming teaching. If you subscribe you can get reminders. Alternatively you can click on YouTube then enter FPMT Australia and press on the round icon. These teachings are freely offered.
WHEEL OF SHARP WEAPONS 2021
The Wheel of Sharp Weapons by Dharmarakshita, a ninth-century Indian scholar, combines teachings on lojong (mind training) with the lamrim, especially karma. This text is freely available as a PDF, produced by Piero Sirianni, for viewing on your mobile device or computer. Geshe Tenzin Zopa is currently delivering a commentary on this text as part of his Lojong series, on FPMT Australia’s YouTube channel which is livestreamed on Sundays, and available any time afterwards.
“It is more worthwhile coming to classes
to study these teachings, than seeking divinations from me. The most
appropriate and reliable answers are to be found in the Wheel of Sharp
Weapons. “Geshe Tenzin Zopa
Geshe Zopa’s e-book on this text can be found here. We are indebted to Losang Dragpa Centre, Malayasia for transcribing it.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche often refers to the Wheel of Sharp Weapons and recommends that students read the text in order to understand and transform problems, which are created by the ego, the selfish mind.
In one letter to a student, Rinpoche says: “Please read the book called the Wheel of Sharp Weapons. This explains where problems like yours come from. Any problem you have, including depression, you can read about in this book, which explains how to use the problem to cut through the ego and self-cherishing thought. Self-cherishing is the main enemy to bodhicitta, which is what you need to achieve enlightenment and to enlighten all sentient beings.”
WHITE TARA PRACTICES ADVISED BY GESHE ZOPA
In Geshe la’s last Lojong teaching of 2020 he advised students that he would be undertaking a White Tara retreat over the holidays, dedicated to the overcoming of life obstacles for Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche. You can download the White Tara text HERE
Geshela’s advice follows:
“You can use this text to practice White Tara long life practice for Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche’a long life.
- Those who don’t have the initiation can practice the section without the self-generation (Short White Tara Meditation for Long Life).
- Those who have the initiation can practice with the self-generation section (White Tara Sadhana: The brimming nectar of immortality born on the continuum of wish-fulfilling wheel holy White Tara.). Both options of practices are in this text.
- Those individuals who are unable to do the sadhana, then even just reciting the White Tara mantra or reciting the mantra of the three long life deities White Tara, Amitayus and Namgyalma and dedicating to the long life of Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche, will be beneficial too.
- If individuals have all the conducive conditions for retreat then it would be so beneficial to do the hundred thousand mantra recitation long life retreat.
- Otherwise just reciting any number of mantra anytime whenever one is free and dedicating for the purpose is already so beneficial.
- You can also dedicate to do this practice for the good health and long life of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche, all your other gurus, for your families, for any other beings and for your best of health and long life too. “
With lots of prayers gz
LOJONG 2020/21 TEACHINGS
The Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in intense global suffering. Compiled in the fifteenth century, Mind Training: The Great Collection is the earliest anthology of “mind training” (lojong) teachings. The principal focus of these texts is the systematic cultivation of such altruistic thoughts and emotions as compassion, love, forbearance, and perseverance.
GESHE ZOPA SUNDAYS ON YOUTUBE
Geshe Tenzin Zopa will be providing regular teachings throughout the COVID-19 pandemic that will be livestreamed on Sundays and will also be available afterwards on FPMT Australia’s YouTube channel. These teachings are livestreamed 5pm Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time. Click here for a World Time Calculator.
OFFERING TO THE TEACHER
We are delighted that we can offer these precious teachings freely. If however, you did wish to make an offering directly to Geshe Zopa you are welcome to use direct transfer, utilising the bank details below. It would be helpful if you inserted GTZ when asked for a Reference. Or you can use the Paypal button if you are outside of Australia. If you wish you can email Stephanie@fpmta.org.au to confirm your offering so that we can pass your name as a sponsor on to Geshela.
BIC/SWIFT CODE for international transfers: CTBAAU25
A/c Name: FPMTA
A/c No: 10490133
To purchase the text click here. The volume contains forty-four individual texts, including the most important works of the mind training cycle, such as Serlingpa’s well-known Leveling Out All Preconceptions, Atisha’s Bodhisattva’s Jewel Garland, Langri Thangpa’s Eight Verses on Training the Mind, and Chekawa’s Seven-Point Mind Training together with the earliest commentaries on these seminal texts. This important work was compiled by renowned scholar and translator Dr. Thupten Jinpa Langri.