FPMT National Office Australia and FPMT centres, projects and services in Australia respect your right to privacy. We value our customers’ trust. To insure your privacy, we only use customer information for donation/order identification, customer service contact, or demographic analysis. We may need to contact users by phone, postal mail, or email if questions arise regarding your donation/order. Information from demographic analysis is not shared with anyone not affiliated with FPMT.
We do not send unsolicited or “spam” e-mail. FPMT National Office Australia and FPMT centres, projects and services in Australia use e-mail addresses to communicate with our customers, to send information about your order, and newsletters.
We do not sell, rent, or lend any personal information about our customers to any third party. All information provided to us is kept in strict confidence.
FPMT National Office Australia and FPMT centres, projects and services in Australia will at all times comply with the Privacy Act (CW 1988) and its subsequent amendments, and relevant state legislation.
Personal information provided to FPMT National Office Australia and FPMT centres, projects and services in Australia, must be:
• Collected for a necessary and lawful purpose connected with the organisation’s activities.
• Collected directly from the individual concerned unless there are ‘reasonable grounds’ for collecting that information from another source. Reasonable grounds are as specified in the Privacy Act. (http://www.privacy.gov.au/law)
• Collected only with the knowledge and informed consent of the individual concerned, unless there are reasonable grounds for not doing so.
• Personal information shall not be collected by the organisation by means which are unlawful, unfair, or a reasonable intrusion upon that individual’s personal affairs.
• Protected against loss, unauthorized access, use or disclosure, or other misuse.
• Kept no longer than necessary.
Furthermore, FPMT National Office Australia and FPMT centres, projects and services in Australia, will:
• Not use personal information for any purpose other than that for which it is obtained.
• Take reasonable steps to ensure information is accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading.
• Provide individuals with access to their personal information held by the organisation. Access is to be granted unless there are ‘good reasons’ for refusing access. Good reasons are specified in the Privacy Act. (http://www.privacy.gov.au/law)
• Enable an individual to request a correction to the personal information held by the organisation or request that a correction statement be attached to the information.
FPMT National Office Australia and FPMT centres, projects and services in Australia will not disclose personal information to anyone other than the individual concerned unless:
• Disclosure is for a purpose for which the information is obtained
• The source of the information is publicly available • Disclosure is authorized by the individual concerned
• Disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to public health and safety, or the individual’s life and health
• Disclosure will not identify the individual
• The organisation shall not assign a unique identifier to an individual unless the assignment of that identifier is necessary to enable the organisation to carry out any one or more of its functions efficiently.