ATISHA CENTRE SEEKS CENTRE DIRECTOR
Atisha Buddhist Centre seeks a suitably qualified and experienced person to serve as Director of our established Retreat Centre.
While this is a voluntary position, the Committee does provide a stipend of $200 per week to reimburse expenses incurred by the Director. The position requires approximately 20 hours per week which could be spread across several days eg. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. For a non Bendigo resident, we offer some basic accommodation.
We are looking for a dynamic, confident, hands-on Director, a real team player who can motivate, support and lead staff and volunteers. Since its establishment in 1981, the purpose of Atisha Centre has been to provide opportunities for study and practice of the Buddhist path, enabling Dharma students to develop their natural compassion and wisdom. Atisha Centre is affiliated with the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT), and is uniquely situated in close proximity to the Great Stupa of Universal Compassion and the Thubten Shedrup Ling Monastery.
• Report to and work with the Board who are responsible for the governance of Atisha Centre.
• Keep informed of and the centre aligned with FPMT policy and guidelines.
• To ensure the financial health of the Centre, including hiring the facilities, grants and fund raising activities.
• To oversee all areas of the Centre’s services including: the management and care of paid staff and volunteers; development of grounds and gardens, upgrade administrative and marketing strategies, upkeep of housekeeping, maintenance, building and infrastructure.
• To identify and generate new sources of income. • To work cohesively with the Spiritual Programme Coordinator to create a robust calendar of retreats, teachings and practices in-line with FPMT standard education programmes.
• To liaise regularly with the Directors of Thubten Shedrup Ling Monastery and the Great Stupa of Universal Compassion locally, and with FPMT Australia and FPMT International Office.
• To have respect for Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and a familiarity with and commitment to the work and values of the FPMT organisation.
• Enthusiasm for Dharma practice and previous key service in an FPMT centre or project.
• Preferable to have some knowledge of Tibetan Buddhism, a sensitivity to Tibetan culture and its protocols.
• Proven inclusive leadership and compassionate management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively and harmoniously with others.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy eg. MS Office suite.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
• Patience, compassion and a sense of humour.
• Ability to work flexible hours, especially during retreats and events.
• A valid driver’s license.
• For international applicants, a legal right to work in Australia.
To apply: please send your CV to email@example.com on or before the closing date, 28th March 2019, together with a covering letter explaining your interest in this position and outlining your experience with FPMT.
For further information about the Atisha Centre, please visit us at website:www.atishacentre.org.au